- Broccoli Sprouts are the new renowned Superfood which can boost your immune system
- Broccoli Sprouts are rich in Sulphur which helps to cleanse and strengthen the blood
- Broccoli Sprouts improve digestion and lower cholesterol
- We grow our Broccoli Sprouts from 100% Organic Seed and harvest them when they are 6 days old – young and bursting with goodness!
- A natural freeze dried product, with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- The finest quality powder with no other products or “fillers” added – just 100% Pure Broccoli Sprout Powder Australian Certified Organic
Broccoli sprouts are nature’s uber super food. The world is now turning to broccoli sprouts as they grow in reputation as nature’s nutritional powerhouse!
Broccoli sprouts are loaded with antioxidants, rich in vitamins, minerals and fibre, have generous amounts of folic acid and contain some of the highest levels of vitamins A and C of any food.
Broccoli sprouts are a potent super nutrient which supports normal cell development and immune function.
But what makes broccoli sprouts truly special is that they produce a high amount of Sulforaphane – more than any other cruciferous vegetable.
Research has shown that Sulforaphane can be a key ingredient in the fight against cancer.
What is Sulforaphane?
Numerous scientific studies have shown that Sulforaphane has powerful anti-cancer properties that can enhance the capacity of animal cells to fight cancer, and prevent cells from turning cancerous.
Sulforaphane is a naturally occurring organosulphur compound that exists as a result of an enzymatic process, which occurs when cruciferous vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, kale etc) cells are broken. Sulforaphane is quickly and easily absorbed by the body once ingested.
The enzyme Myrosinase converts Glucoraphanin, a Glucosinolate, into Sulforaphane upon damage to the plant and the breaking of the cell wall (such as from chewing). (See the diagram below).
Broccoli sprouts are particularly rich in Glucoraphanin which is the key ingredient to gain a high amount of Sulforaphane.
It is important to note that Sulforaphane is unstable and cannot be produced without Glucoraphanin and Myrosinase.
How does Sulforaphane fight cancer?
Scientific research suggests that Sulforaphane induces enzymes which deactivates carcinogens and free radicals, thus enhancing the body’s own defence system against cancer-causing chemicals.
Is all Sulforaphane the same?
No! Sulforaphanecannot be present without Glucoraphanin and Myrosinase. However, even if these compounds are present in broccoli sprouts, it is important to know whether there is also an enzyme present called Epithiospecifier (ESP). If ESP is present, the Glucoraphanin will become Sulforaphane Nitrile and have no anti-cancer properties.
Why is Super Sprout Broccoli Sprout Powder so unique?
Recent testing by the Queensland Government laboratories by David Williams PhD, Senior Chemist in the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, shows that Super Sprout Broccoli Sprout Powder has all the right compounds to produce a high level of Sulforaphane. Our broccoli sprout powder delivers the following results:
- Enzyme activity is not destroyed by the Super Sprout production process
- Potential Sulforaphane levels are maximised by our agricultural harvesting processes and world class growing facilities
- High levels of Myrosinase and Glucoraphanin
- Proven enzyme activity providing a high conversion rate of Glucoraphanin producing an average yield of 0.7% Sulforaphane (i.e. more than 80% of the Glucoraphanin is converted to the active Sulforaphane)
- There is very little ESP present in Super Sprout broccoli sprouts
- Our broccoli sprout powder is 100% pure
- The finest quality powder with no other ‘fillers’ or additives
- Australian Certified Organic
- USDA Certified
- Long shelf life – the enzyme activity is not depleted with either age nor shelf life
- And finally Super Sprout is fantastic value for money, so everyone can access the sensational benefits of broccoli sprouts quickly and conveniently
Can Super Sprout Broccoli Sprout Powder be used in Cooking?
Yes! Due to enzyme stability, our broccoli sprout powder present the same benefits when heated (but not boiled) and therefore can be used in your favourite recipes.
Does it lose any nutritional value when heated?
No! Whilst nutritional value is not lost during the cooking process it is best served and consumed as quickly as possible after cooking to maximise sulforaphane uptake.