30% of the population are likely to be deficient in zinc. Zinc is needed for over 300 enzyme reactions and metabolic pathways. It is required for cell growth and repair, it maintains a healthy immune system and is essential for reproduction.
Zinc is a powerful antioxidant.
Zinc Deficiency Symptoms:
- associated with dermatitis, infections, poor wound healing
- poor sense of taste and or smell and low appetite
- children who are ‘fussy eaters’.
- white flecks on fingernails and or weak nails
- stretch marks, keloid scarring
- greasy or spotty skin
- post natal depression
- low birth weight in babies
- impaired development of motor/cognitive function
- low immunity
- pale skin