For an intensely decadent and easy to make Chocolate Silk Pie – Triple Choc nonetheless, read on to get the recipe!
Don’t let the amount of ingredients fool you. This truly is an easy to make recipe. And it’s absolutely worth it!
3 large ripe avocados, pitted
¾ cup raw cacao powder
½ cup maple syrup or yacon syrup (I use yacon)
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. melted cacao butter (optional but makes the pie a bit firmer)
2 tsp. pure vanilla powder
¼ tsp Pink Himalayan/Peruvian Salt
Choc Brownie Crust
1/3 cup hazelnuts
1/3 cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
2/3 cup soaked & drained medjool dates (you can use ordinary dates too)
¼ cup raw cacao powder
3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
3 tbsp. raw cacao powder
1.5 tbsp. yacon syrup or maple syrup or other liquid sweetener of choice
Make the crust first
* Put the hazelnuts and pepitas into a food processor and process until a medium to fine crumb
* Add in the dates and cacao powder and process until it all starts to stick together
* Press the dough into a cake pan or round pie dish. I used a 20cm pie dish
* Place all the pie ingredients into the food processor and process until it is smooth as silk
* Pour the filling onto the brownie crust and place in the fridge overnight or freezer for approximately 2 hours to firm up.
* Mix all the ingredients together, stirring until the chocolate sauce is glossy. I actually doubled my chocolate topping so that the sauce would run down the sides of the pie a bit
* Pour over the top of the silk pie and garnish with raw cacao nibs, goji berries or other toppings of choice such as fresh berries.
This triple chocolate silk pie freezes well. Cut into portions and freeze individually. Allow 10 – 15 minutes to defrost slightly before serving.